We are looking for a Junior to Intermediate Web Designer to be a part of Lift’s growing team.
Lift is a leading digital marketing agency located in Edmonton, Canada. As a Lift Web Designer your tasks would include wireframing, designing websites, web apps, landing pages and also some implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of layout and design principles, UX, UI, colour theory, typography (including best practices for web fonts), be comfortable with Frontend Development and have an eye for clean and artful web design (including web animation and interactive design). A firm understanding of Sketch and or Figma is required. Experience with Webflow would be a strong asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop sitemaps based on client needs
- Conceptualize page layouts that promote simplicity and user friendliness
- Create and interpret site maps to communicate layout and content structure
- Implement brand based on design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Design engaging and responsive Websites, Web Apps and landing pages
- Follow and adhere to the Lift website building process
- Employ industry and design best practice through the Lift website build process
- Liaise with the development and marketing team members to ensure project timelines and client expectations are being met
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with a team or agency in web design and frontend development
- Comfortable with website builders such as Webflow, Shopify, Squarespace and Wordpress
- Highly proficient in Sketch and or Figma
- A good understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience building sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies
- Basic understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills
We’ll Take Care of You
As an employee of Lift, you’ll be well taken care of with benefits that include:
- Competitive compensation rates
- Feedback and coaching with regular check-ins and reviews
- Extended health and dental benefits including an annual Health Spending Account
- RSP Employer Matching Program
- A strong emphasis on work-life balance
- Opportunities for education and training
We are looking to fill a full-time position in our Edmonton office, just off Whyte at 10139 81 Ave.
Lift Interactive values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. To us, inclusion means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.